Here are our comprehensive guide tips to air travel with kids. Traveling by plane can be stressful, even for seasoned travelers, let alone when you have kids in tow. But with a bit of planning and preparation, it can be a smooth and enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Preparing for Your Flight
Before embarking on your journey, it is essential to prepare yourself and your kids for air travel. There are several things to consider when planning for your flight:
- Choose your seats wisely. When booking your flights, consider choosing seats that offer extra legroom or a bassinet attachment, if available. You may also want to choose seats that are close to the restroom, so you can quickly attend to your child’s needs.
- Check airline policies. Check the airline’s policies on bringing strollers, car seats, and other baby gear on board. Some airlines may allow you to check them in for free, while others may charge a fee or require you to gate-check them.
- Plan for mealtime. If your flight is during mealtime, be sure to pack some snacks and food for your kids. Many airlines offer special meals for kids, but it’s always a good idea to bring your own in case they are picky eaters.
What to Pack in Your Carry-On Bag
Packing a carry-on bag for your kids can be overwhelming, but it’s crucial to bring all the essentials to keep them comfortable during the flight. Here are some things you should consider packing:
- Diapers and wipes. Pack enough diapers and wipes to last the duration of your flight, plus a few extras in case of emergencies.
- Change of clothes. Pack a change of clothes for your child and an extra shirt for you in case of spills or accidents. You may also want to bring a sweater or jacket, as the cabin can get cold.
- Entertainment. Bring books, toys, games, and a tablet or smartphone loaded with kid-friendly apps and movies to keep your kids entertained during the flight. You can also bring coloring books and crayons, as they are lightweight and easy to pack.
Keeping Your Kids Entertained During the Flight
Long flights can be tedious, especially for kids who get restless easily. Here are some ideas to keep your kids entertained during the flight:
- Play games. Simple games like I Spy, tic-tac-toe, and hangman can help pass the time. You can also bring a deck of cards or travel-sized board games.
- Read books. Bring along some favorite books or new ones for your child to read. You can also bring a book of stickers or activity books to keep them engaged.
- Watch movies. Many airlines offer in-flight entertainment, but it’s always a good idea to bring your own movies just in case. You can download movies or shows onto your tablet or smartphone before the flight.
Managing Jet Lag
Jet lag can be a nightmare for parents traveling with young children, but there are some things you can do to minimize its effects:
- Adjust sleep schedules. If you’re traveling across time zones, try to adjust your child’s sleep schedule a few days before your trip. You can gradually shift their bedtime and wake-up time by 15-30 minutes each day until you reach the new time zone.
- Stay hydrated. Encourage your child to drink plenty of water during the flight to combat jet lag. You can also bring
If you want to know more about these sites, follow us here.
For more information about currencies in these countries, click here.